What Is Micro Skin Needling?
Micro skin needling is a form of Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). Collagens are the building blocks of the body. A healthy level of collagen is essential to skin structure, tone, and overall quality. Micro skin needling is a revolutionary rejuvenation treatment. It promotes the body’s natural production of collagen but without the harshness of laser resurfacing. With CIT you can smooth wrinkles, soften scars, and rejuvenate skin safely with longer lasting results than injection alternatives.
How Micro Skin Needling Is Performed
For your micro skin needling, make sure you only go to a professional day spa with trained and experienced aestheticians, like Milk Day Spa in Paddington. First, the aesthetician will double-cleanse and digitally analyse your skin. The twelve tip micro needle pen is then adjusted to suit the individual patient’s needs. Aftercare will be recommended on a patient to patient basis.
Who Can Undergo Skin Needling Treatment
Micro Skin Needling can be used to treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Frown lines
- Upper lip creases and sides of mouth
- Loss of elasticity in the cheek and jawline
- Acne and chickenpox scarring
However, treatment is not suitable:
- Within 2 weeks of having an injectable dermal filler or Botox.
- On raised moles, warts or lesions
- During pregnancy, but is okay when breastfeeding
- While on medication, please advise your therapist on anything you may be taking
- For people with certain medical conditions
- If the client has an active herpes or acne breakout. Once resolved the treatment can go ahead after 2 weeks.
Only a single treatment is required, but best results are ensured by undergoing a series of two to three treatments at intervals of six to eight weeks, depending on the condition being treated. The treatment leaves skin red for up to 48 hours, but following your aesthetician’s advice will lead to the fastest recovery.
Find out more or book an appointment with a CIT specialist at Paddington’s best day spa.